|05:08 pm - Lessons Learned|
1. Soldering irons are hot.
2. I mean, really hot. Like, "burn paper" hot.
3. Solder doesn't stick to glass very well.
4. Glass gets really hot when you're trying to melt a bunch of solder all over it.
5. Solder is kinda cool, but I don't think it's going to replace wire-wrapping anytime soon.
6. At least I hope not.
7. Anyone got any bandaids and some burn cream?
Ow. I don't miss soldering.
One time I was making a detonator for class (no, really, it was!) and was working on several layers of newspaper at the dining room table. I finished, picked up the bundles of paper... and found that the iron had managed to burn through, leaving scorch marks on my parents' solid wood light oak table.
I am grateful to be alive today.