October 15th, 2006
|12:43 pm - Psychic Fair Safety Tips|
After the last couple of days, I've devised some important safety tips for those attending Psychic Fairs.
1) If you are a gemstone or bead-aholic, never, never, NEVER bring cash, checkbook, credit cards, or any form of negotiable currency to the psychic fair.
2) If you love amazingly fabulous smelling scented candles, incense, and/or aromatherapy-type stuff, do NOT bring cash, checkbook, etc to the psychic fair.
3) If you love silks and satins and vevets and long, flowy, drapey clothing, robes, dresses, scarves, etc, do NOT, I repeat, do NOT bring cash, checkbook, and ESPECIALLY not credit cards to the psychic fair.
4) Putting up a sign stating "FREE LOVE" can be misinterpreted in some unfortunate ways.
5) So can "Hugs: $5.00."
6) In fact, selling hugs may not actually be legal. Check your state regulations.
7) If you walk up to someone doing psychic readings, and they ask you your name, responding with "You should already know my name! You're the Psychic!" is not considered funny. And they've heard it before. About seventy-five million times.
8) Most importantly: do not, under any circumstances, bring cash, checkbook, credit/debit cards, etc, to the psychic fair. And if you follow this rule, don't suddenly change your mind and ask your daughter to put it on hers and you'll pay her back, because, I mean, come ON -- there was a reason you didn't bring money, right?
I hope these tips prove useful to you the next time you attend a Psychic Fair.
Thank you, and blessings.
Heh. I made it her birthday present. :-) You should see how much I spent on gemstone beads for me, though. GAAAAHHHH!
You got off easy.
I can imagine how many beads you bought. When do you want to go to Michaels
I may never go to Michaels again.
When we were taking our booth down and walking out with our stuff, the gemstone bead guy was going, "Hey, we're going to be back in town for..." and I'm like "AH!" He kept trying to tell me when they were going to be back and I was like, "NO! GET AWAY! DON'T WANNA KNOW! LALALALA!"
He just laughed. He thought it was funny. Yeah. Funny.
Well I got ALL the Amazonite beads, so who's laughing NOW, motherfuckaaaah???
Oh, that's right. Him.
Because he got all my money.
i mean for the containers.
Oh. Yeah. That.
Hm. You may have a point, there.
Although I'm still fairly good on containers. I could probably use a couple more, though.
Hey, did you go to the psychic fair in berkeley yesterday? Svenrat and I drove by it when we were there yesterday afternoon!
Haha! No, this one was in town today up here. It wouldn't really make sense for Mom to go to an out-of-town one because the main point is getting her name out locally and so forth. She doesn't really sell things that would make it financially worthwhile to go to craft shows and psychic fairs down there.
But you know, I think the energy of all psychic fairs is somehow connected, and so I'm sure if you had waved, that wave would have propagated through the ether all the way up here to me.
I just wouldn't have seen it 'cause I'm not sensitive like that, but hey, it's the thought that counts, right?
Oy ... vey ...
Thanks for the warning.
Not that I'd ever go to a Psychic Fair in the normal course of things, because I don't believe in psychic stuff, but ... beads! gemstones! candles! incense! aromatherapy! velvet, silk, drapeyness ...
::cuts up credit card in proactive self-defense::
(re-posted since sister startled me into hitting "enter" too soon)
Oh, seriously. I've never been to a Psychic Fair either, I don't think. I went with my Mom who had a booth there so I could be moral support, and the "lovely assistant," but man.
Holy shit, you should SEE this robe/jacket/thing I got. Silk velvet, but the sort of "burnout" velvet where a lot of the fuzzy stuff has been taken away leaving this gauzy silk and velvet in designs. And then it has beading and tassels and stuff to make it hang and drape like a dream. All in a really, stunning sort of vivid turquoise blue.
I don't think I've spent that much on one single garment in ... well ... EVER.
But ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Lord, it is sooooooooooooo gorgeous. I have buyer's remorse until I look at it, and then it's like, "I love you, silk scarf jacket! You're my best friend forever! I would dump my husband for you if it weren't for the stupid anti-human-fabric marriage laws in this godforsaken country! MY LIFE FOR YOUUUUUUUUUUUU!"
Okay, not quite that bad.
But holy hell, it's gorgeous.
And did I mention little teensy tiny geodes? So cool.
I want to LIVE at the Psychic Fair forever!
OMG, shut up!
I'm totally drooling all over my keyboard at your description. Plus, my heart rate!! ::clutches heart::
My man has a thing for geodes, too.
Oh boy ... ::wipes drool::
It's a really good thing there are no Psychic Fairs nearby that I know of, and NO NO NO I'm not going to look & find out!!
I did practically die seeing the face on the back. Oooooh, those things are beautiful! Lucky you & your mom. :)
Maybe someday I'll actually get one, but right now I'm just happy they exist. :)